Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Playing hookey with fabric

They are paving the state route at the end of our little road. And the grindings were available for a extremely reasonable price...like about 1/3 of the cost of limestone per ton. So a few weeks ago we had 9 dump truck loads of grindings delivered for our driveway. Which meant that I got to stay home from work and play hookey...
















I did do some work, but....I did lots of playing too!





One of the projects I got that much closer to completion was this quilt top:








I started it.....who knows when. 2 or 3 years ago at least.





The blocks were all made I just had to put it together. And of course, I used some of the white fabric to make who knows what since then. So I had to improvise but you know what?



I'm fine with that....and it's that much closer to being DONE





Of course, I took these photos before deciding how to use that wild stripe print. Originally I had thought to use that for one of the borders and the binding. But now, it's all used up in a couple of borders on this quilt.


And yes, it does look pretty good in Jessie's room doesn't it? But she's not getting it.....way too much white in it for her:)









If you are looking for a cost-effective way to do your driveway, check with a company that is repaving roads near you....this stuff packs down HARD (we had them tailgate it on 5-7" deep and it's almost like asphalt. Todd did borrow a roller and roll the driveway, but after the last couple days of 80 degree weather, it's all starting to melt together and look like we spent the money to asphalt the driveway, which we didn't:)






Wait until you see my new laundry room.......

3 comments:

Scrappy quilter said...

Your quilt turned out wonderfully. Love the colors in it. Hugs

audreypawdrey said...

The quilt is so pretty! I love how bright and cheerful it is. I am always amazed at how much you manage to get done.:)

Paula said...

That's a pretty neat idea, Kris!
Love the quilt- such pretty colors.
Can't wait to see the laundry room!