Thursday, October 29, 2009
Tuesday, October 27, 2009
Sunday, October 25, 2009
Tuesday, October 20, 2009
The times of yesterday…..
- Raking leaves and jumping in them
- Friday night football games
- Hot spiced cider in front of a roaring fire
- Hayrides and picking pumpkins
- Carving pumpkins
- Halloween costumes and trick or treating
- Traditional thanksgiving dinner surrounded by those you love
- The first snowfall
- Ice skating
- Snowman and snow fort building
- Decorating for Christmas – both inside and out
- Cutting down a Christmas tree
- Presents made with love – not brought in a shopping frenzy to add to the debt
- Cookie baking with friends
- Watching Christmas movies on TV
- A roaring fire
- Visits with Santa Claus
- Stockings stuffed to the brim
- Christmas pj's for little toes
- Making Christmas ornaments and paper garlands
- Counting down the days on an advent calendar
- Snow days off from school – but not too many to extend the school yearJ
- Being snowed in on said snow days so you don't have to go to work
- Eating a lot…..and then eating some more
- Visits with family
Wonder how much we can accomplish this fall/winter? Any other suggestions?
Monday, October 19, 2009
Friday, October 16, 2009
Have a great weekend!
Thursday, October 15, 2009
I think Jessie and Tyler summed it up perfectly this morning when I told them that we were going to call her when they get home from school....
there is no WAY grandma can be 60 this year.......she's way too young and cool for that!!!
Happy Birthday Mom!!
Kris, Todd, Jessie and Tyler
Monday, October 12, 2009
Tyler did really well for his first time - he won his class and got to go back in for the championship heifer drive.
Jessie got 6th in her class - her heifer just wasn't what the judge wanted in a heifer, which after Todd got there and got them weighed in he had a brief thought that he should put her in the market heifer class instead of the breeding heifer, but he didn't so.....it was what it was. Jessie herself did much, much better than even at our fair and now she is more determined than ever to do well at the upcoming shows. She came out of the ring and said we need to get my heifer at home walking so I can show her.... Sorry, I have no pictures of Jessie showing - my camera batteries faded fast with all the zooming in I had to do. Hopefully Mom will put some pictures up on her blog soon (hint! hint Mom)......I know she took LOTS of pictures...
I did get one of the two of them together once we were all done showing.
Saturday night we had a hog roast to go to for the fire department and boy, was it COLD!!!!
Then Sunday morning we got a call from Todd's Mom - his grandmother in Punxsutawney, PA was not doing well at all. She was diagnosed with colon cancer 2 weeks ago. We are planning on going back the 24th to see her but......we ended up leaving our house at 9:30 yesterday morning, getting to the hospital at 1:00 to see her, then leaving there at 2:30 to go see his other grandmother who is in a nursing home and diagnosed with lung cancer (2 1/2 weeks ago) until 4:00 then stopping at his aunt and uncles a half hour away from the nursing home to look at steer calves for next year for Jessie, and heading home at 6:00 to pull in our drive at 9:30.
This is the calf Jessie fell in love with, and which is actually in our price range!:
And, 5 1/2 hours of useable drive time in the car means I had lots of knitting time, enough to finish 1 Maggie armwarmer, minus the thumb:
And make some progress on another knit.
I won't mention the 3 loads of laundry I had to do last night so we all had clean clothes to wear today.....
Have a great day:)
Friday, October 9, 2009
Thursday, October 8, 2009
Tuesday, October 6, 2009
Monday, October 5, 2009
She's been playing football at both recesses with the boys....
Jessie played soccer on Saturday, back to back after Tyler's game. She was sitting with me watching Tyler's game, but as soon as 2 little boys showed up, she ran off to warm up with them.