Monday, November 5, 2012

Happy Halloween!!!

Every year I keep expecting Jessie to say she is too old for trick or treat.  And every year I am pleasantly surprised when she wants to dress up and hike through our little town collecting candy.
 
This year her and her bestie wanted to be a box of nerds.  Of course, they mention this the weekend before Halloween.  Kelseigh's mom was stumped, but we quickly came up with this:
 
 

2 cardboard boxes, spray painted for the base coat, and then the girls drew and painted the rest of it.  I brought some webbing (like what you would put on a tote bag) at JoAnn's and cut holes in the boxes and safety pinned it all together.

I had the brilliant idea to buy white tights and use RIT dye to get them the right colors, but actually, sweat pants and sweat shirts from Aeropostale worked just fine!

We ended up with 3 adults and 6 kids walking around.  It would have been 4 adults but our trick or treating was postponed from Wednesday to Sunday evening due to Hurricane Sandy and all the rain we had Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday.  And Todd left on a hunting trip on Saturday so he lucked out.

We did decide the nerds costume was pretty fitting for Jessie and Kelseigh.

I think herding cats would have been easier than keeping track of these kids!



Tyler wanted to be Michael Myers.  So a pair of blue dickie work pants and a blue work shirt were sewn together and we painted his face white and put the blood on it.   This picture was a couple weeks ago for his Boy Scouts Halloween Party - which I did not put as much "blood" on him.


This was last night during trick or treating - much better!


I've been busy painting and cleaning - I'll be back later with any luck to show my finished sewing room!

No comments: