Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Life....

Well hello there!

I think I should get the award for worst blogger ever - but what can I say?  We've been busy!


And me and my OCD must do everything and get everything done and do it well..... there you go.....

The last 7 months or so we have been incredibly busy and ...incredibly blessed.

Jessie played volleyball for the 7th grade....and basketball for the 7th grade....and then got on a AAU travel basketball team with an incredible coach.  Coaches really do make all the difference!

 
this was her first "3 point shot" that she has EVER made....
I think she made a total of 11 over the course of 7 tournaments.....


Tyler played flag football in the fall.....then he played Rec basketball throughout the winter....and now baseball is winding down......wow.


Our old buckeye barn/storage shed that was never in very good shape to begin with.....we tore it down and brought a new one to put in it's place....must get some landscaping done in a hurry and get the yard picked back up.  And let's not forget - I need to finish hauling all of the stuff that was stored in the old one from the basement to the new shed and organizing it and putting it away.....



Ignore the weeds and the dirt....I'm working on it slowly but surely......

Both kids have pigs for Wayne County Fair.  Me?  I'm excited that we will have bacon in a few months (2 of the pigs were a little large when we brought them....so they are being put on self-feeders this weekend and pushed)....At least they are "pretty pigs"....

The calves are growing this year!  We had 10 babies this year....We will keep 2 or 3 as replacement heifers and sell the rest.  And since we ended up with only 3 (?!?!?!?!?) bull calves, we will have to buy the kids their steers this fall.....


And what else have I done?  Our kitchen is in the final stages of being mostly remodeled - still have a new floor to pick out which will happen sometime this summer/fall - but since I'm not 100% sure what I want, I'm taking my sweet old time to get it done, our bedroom, the living room and the computer room have all been cleaned and painted.  It is OCD when I have a "painting schedule" on my phone to tell me what rooms I painted when, the colors I painted them and what year I plan on re-painting them.......

I've got so many plans for the house, the barns, the yard and flower beds....but I'm enjoying this busy season with the kids....baseball will be over this weekend and then it's gearing up for the county fairs in August and September.....

1 comment:

Granny Lyn said...

So happy to get caught up on all your fun! The kids are growing so fast!!! Any stitches happening with all the busyness? Missed you!