Sunday, July 22, 2018

The epic party

It's over.  I honestly didn't think I would pull it off and get everything ready.  But thanks to family and terrific friends we did it.



It was hotter than hell.  And we were outside Friday night putting up tents and tables and chairs.  And of course, I got no pictures.


Saturday morning I was up bright and early making lemonade, making iced tea and cooking all the food except for the pulled pork.



In between cooking all the food I was running outside to decorate, pick up and arrange everything.


I gave Jessie just a few things to do.  Her pictures and awards she wanted displayed and run to the store for me.  LOL.  She did a fantastic job putting everything out.



We found a 7 foot tall hollow log for the fire.  I wish I had gotten better pictures before it got dark but it was so cool for the bonfire.


I'm just bummed that I hardly got any pictures during the party.  But it seemed like there was always something that needed doing.



My 90 year old grandmother (Jessie and Tyler's great grandmother) gets around very well.  I hope I'm half as active as she is at 90 years old.


I'm really going to miss Jessie and her friends when they all go off to college.  It just won't be the same without them all here most nights.


As much fun as the party was - I'm so glad it's over!  And I didn't have to cook much the week after the party - we survived on leftovers.





Now I'm off to make laundry detergent and all sorts of natural cleaners.  My doctor gave me a stern talking to this last week.  I'll let you know how this goes.

No comments: