Thursday, January 14, 2010

Sun

I think we are finally on the upswing temperature wise. 30's the rest of the week and with any luck, high 40's on Sunday. I'll be loving the sunshine!

Jessie's steer is continuing to do well. He's on a little break right now - every cow/calf/steer on the place has a nasty case of ringworm. So he didn't go to the show last weekend and probably won't go to another show until the end of February. Which is fine with me - washing and drying him in the 20 degree weather is no fun at all! Although tonight our friend is coming to clip him - his hair is really, really long and I guess it is easier if you keep up on it?


I had to break down and buy myself a new camera. I loved my canon, but 3 pictures and the batteries would go dead. Didn't matter if they were new batteries, newly charged, super nice batteries, deader than a doornail. I went through 4 sets of batteries at the basketball game on Saturday. Enough was enough! So I brought another Canon, on sale and have really been enjoying it.
And my newest knit? Tang from Custom Knits. Very, very fast.

A simple turtleneck sweater, knit almost entirely in the round. I started this on New Year's Day weekend (during our 8 hour driving marathon from Pennsylvania and back) and now that my Pimlico Shrug is finished, I want to get this one done. 5 more inches on the body, the sleeves and the turtleneck.

I'm working on getting the laundry room ready for the cabinets to be installed tomorrow night after work. Then it's onto the kitchen - I really cannot wait for this to be done.

Have a warm Thursday!
Kris

5 comments:

Nancy M. said...

I can't blame you for not wanting to be out there in the cold! I am glad it's warming up some.

Congratulations on the new camera! I hope to get one next month.

stitchersanon said...

I have only just found out that apparently you should use special camera batteries, not the normal AAs...could this be the problem?
I have never knitted on circular needles...now I know where to come for instructions lol

sugarcreekfarm said...

I just got a new camera, too! I have a Canon Rebel, which I still love, but I wanted a smaller point-and-shoot to carry in my purse for when I forget the Rebel or don't want to carry it's bulky butt around. So Matt & the kids got me a Canon Powershot for Christmas, but I wasn't happy with the quality of the pics, & didn't like that it used batteries. So I exchanged it for a Nikon Coolpix with a rechargeable battery. So far I love it! The pig picture I posted today was taken with that camera.

em's scrapbag said...

The sweater looks great.
I hear you with the remodel they can be such a headache but they are so worth it when they are done.

Aunt Spicy said...

Enjoy the warming! And the sweater looks lovely!