Tuesday, November 10, 2009

We are so not normal....

While most people are eating dinner at 6:00 at night……

Todd is finangling everything so we can unload some speltz grain into the cube-it (the black plastic box) to make feed with this winter. (I had already made dinner at 5:00 and we had finished eating).

My job is to run the hydraulics on the tractor while Todd watches the auger – there’s no way I’m standing down there getting my hands in the way if something goes wrong. And then I had to park the tractor in the barn.

And of course, when we make it inside at 7:30 at night, Jessie had to provide some comic relief. I wonder how she bends herself into these positions?????


After untangling her, we collapsed in the family room to watch the Steelers cream the Broncos – 28 to 10. Made it worth it to stay up to watch the very end of the game:)

7 comments:

Nancy M. said...

Ah, normal is no fun, anyway! Kids are really bendy, lol!

Scrappy quilter said...

I wouldn't want a normal life either...like Nancy M. said, it's no fun.

Gill - That British Woman said...

we eat at 5pm, so does that make us not normal as well!!!!

Gill in Canada

Wendi said...

Sounds and Looks a bit like our house>:):)

Wendi
www.justkeepstitching.blogspot.com

Niki said...

Normal can be boring! You have a real contortionist (sp?) there!

Tom said...

I pushed the next blog button and your place showed up. I am glad that you get to grow most of your own food. That is what we are all about here on the ranch.

What kind of Oliver tractor is that peeking out in that one photo?

Good Luck,

Farmer Pirate

Granny Lyn said...

If you ever find normal, please introduce me to her,,,we have never met....tee hee

you can call me Abbie, Abbie Normal!