Monday, January 7, 2008

2008 Resolutions

Hi again!! It has been an amazingly hectic 2 weeks for us, but hopefully things will settle down now. Between finishing Jessie’s quilt (below), her party, and finishing up what Christmas gifts I was making, it was crazy!!




I did get everything finished though, although my DH & I were up until 11:00 Christmas Eve sewing a wig on a 36" raggedy ann doll I made for my wonderful little niece. I should have never followed the pattern when sewing on the wig, and after the 3rd failed attempt - I gave up and did it my way.

We had a wonderful Christmas, the kids enjoyed all of their presents, and now I can look towards the New Year. The one hopefully fun thing I decided to do is open up an Etsy.com shop - JKKCraftworks. I’ll be selling jewelry and quilted items, mainly bags, table runners, wall hangings and pillows. We’ll see how it goes.

I have come up with some "sewing goals" for 2008:

1. Do 12 quilted projects this year (whether they be quilts, pillows, table runners);
2. Not 1 quilt will be just plain squares (which I am guilty of as they are so quick);
3. Finish up all of my WIP’s from the last 10 years (since before kids);
4. Not buy too much more fabric, until I finish everything I have started (this may well be impossible, but I’ll try);
5. Attempt a photo quilt for my grandmother for next Christmas of all the family;
6. Find some way to organize my "stash".

I did not get as much sewing done while I was off for almost 2 weeks as I had hoped to - but this past weekend I did get 4 table runners quilted, a lap quilt made, and a chicken done. I love the chicken, I just need to put his eyes on, and am toying with selling them in my Etsy shop.




That’s all for now - have a wonderful New Year’s

No comments: