Thursday, May 14, 2009

Singing

Tuesday was the 3rd grade concert at the elementary school. They sang 6 folk songs, one of which was the slower version of "Cotton Eye Joe".




Not the song I recognize but.....

We are gearing up for the end of the year. I'm madly working on teacher quilts - I stopped yesterday on my way home to get some flat sheets to back them in - much cheaper than fabric and should look just as nice. Hopefully I'll have some finished pictures to show shortly......

Have a great day!
Kris

8 comments:

Susan said...

Thank you for sharing. You really do take on some big projects. I know you will get the teacher's quilts finished just in time.

isolada. by design said...

I always get this big smile on my face when I get to share in one of your videos. FUN! Did you see the young person sitting at the table moving their feet? People watching is something I enjoy, very much!

Happy sewing on the teacher quilts. Look forward to pictures. I know they'll be wonderful!

Happy day!

Ana :)

jacquie said...

i love children's concerts...end of the school year is always a crazy time...i'm about to go nuts! hope you get the quilts done in time.

Scrappy quilter said...

I have to agree about the flat sheets for backing of quilts. I use them all the time. Hope you have a wonderful evening.

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

The end of the school year is always crazy - for us it corresponds to Christmas as well! Good luck in finishing up your teacher quilts - can't wait to see pics.

Judy T said...

I love school concerts! Thanks for sharing. Good luck getting your teacher quilts finished. I can't imagine taking on as many sewing projects as you do.
Judy

Lindsey said...

Love that new banner Kris....sounds like you had fun at the "sing a long"!

Val said...

So cute! Love it.