Monday, April 7, 2008

ANOTHER day off work

Can I hit re-do on a weekend??? Please???

Yesterday was Tyler's birthday party with the family - everything's going well, I'm right on track - and realized at 12:40 (as I am in the middle of kneading bread:)) that I have to take Jessie and another little girl to their brownie ice skating party - and I have to leave by 1:00. So I hurry up and finish the bread, toss the kids in the car, drop them off and the leader tells me her emergency plan in case one of the girls' gets hurt - but that's not going to happen.

I go home, clean up outisde on the deck and patio so we can be outside for Tyler's party, help Todd grind a batch of feed (dusty business that is) and decide it's 3:50 I have time for a quick shower before everyone gets there. Lay my phone down on the bed and then. . .

Todd comes racing in the driveway because Jessie has fallen on the ice (with 8 minutes of skating to go no less) and they think she broke her leg so her leader is taking her to the ER (and of course, my phone is still on our bed after my shower - having forgotten about it). So my sister-in-law (the one with the cute little girl from one of my first posts and who is a nurse, so I had somewhere there that new all that doctor mumbo jumbo with me - and as everyone who knows me will testify - I am really not good in an emergency) and I go racing to the hospital to leave Todd and my Mom to handle the party.

And she broke it.


A nice big spiral fracture in her shin bone. So I miss Tyler's party:( but he did get lots of cool toys and a bunch of new clothes. And now I have a little girl in a splint who will need to go to an orthopaedic guy to get a cast on sometime this week, and figure things out with the school so they can get her back and forth as I'm going to also try and get her a wheelchair today as there is no way she can handle crutches.

4-6 weeks in a cast. There goes spring soccer (but as she said, I have next year to play soccer but I am never ice skating again).

So between Tyler and his tonsils and Jessie and her leg, I would really like to redo the weekend (or at least yesterday) - if anyone knows how!!!

And I am assuming the party was a success - and if not, oh well - there will be others!!

Can you tell he has a truck fetish?


The completed fire truck quilt, in all it's glory.


It will be a long 4 weeks!!!!

Kris

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear about Jessie's leg! It sounds like she's being very brave about it though. Thinking of you and your family Kris! xoxo

jacquie said...

When it rains it pours. No wonder you want to redo the weekend. How is Jessie feeling? That fire truck quilt is glorious. Looks great on the bed!

Finn said...

Hi Kris, wow! That's one huge dose of motherhood in a very short time! I think you handled everything just beautifully and please do give yourself a big hug and a pat on the back from ole Finn!
I'll keep her in my prayers for a speedy and successful healing of that bone.
Life never has a chance to get boring with kids around. Hugs, Finn

Philigry said...

oh my gosh! i am so sorry! i would want to redo the weekend too! i feel awful for you. i am not good in emergencies either and to have one of babies hurt would kill me. i am sure once mine get older i will face things like this!
i hope this weekend will be better!

sugarcreekfarm said...

Wow, hopefully you've had your quota of emergencies for awhile!

Love the quilt!

Granny Lyn said...

ooochie wow wow!!

I am so proud of her brave little spriit, kids could teach us all a thing or two about "playing soccer next year"

give her big hugs from all the blogger grannies out here!