Wednesday, April 2, 2008

What I Did Today

This is my last day off with Tyler:( Tomorrow he is going to go to preschool if all continues to go well through the rest of the day (he is bored silly here at home with Mom), but I have gotten lots done so far:
I finally started my seeds (before running out of peat pellets to fill up a tray - I will swing through somewhere tomorrow and get more peat pellets to finish up):

I planted 45 sauce tomatoes, 3 cherry tomatoes, 4 beefsteak tomatoes, parsley, dill, oregano, paprika and cilantro. After I get more peat pellets I will plant pepper, eggplant, cabbage and lots and lots of lettuce plants.

I cleaned my house (which I am so not showing pictures of)

And I turned this:

Into this:

So I don't have to store my clothespins like this any more (the original clothespin bag I had died a quick death last summer, so most of the pins have been on the lines):

Amazingly, it took 5 minutes, it's cute and it hangs really nice and it holds lots and lots of clothespins. All I needed was a wooden hanger and a vinyl tablecloth. I could have probably used a metal hanger or plastic, but I wanted it to have some weight so it doesn't fall off the clothesline.

I have also made 1 trip to take Jessie to school and Tyler to see his teacher and go to the library to get some movies, and I am leaving here shortly to make 2 trips to go ingredients to make a batch of cattle feed this weekend. Unless I think my Durango can haul 750 lbs. - but since Todd specifically told me to make 2 trips, I'm pretty sure that it will need to be 2 trips.

Then Tyler and I took a walk in the woods:

This is about 1/2 of our pond at the far end of our property - in the summer when it's really dry it's nothing more than a deep mudhole, but the geese come faithfully every spring. One of these days, maybe, we'll clean it up, dig it deeper and enjoy it. . . when there isn't so much other stuff to be doing!

And we looked at the fish in my water garden pond - all of which have survived the winter (all 14 of them). Hopefully in the next couple weeks, well, actually I have to in the next couple of weeks, drain the pond, clean out all the debris and get everything up and running for spring.

Oh. . . and yesterday we had 54.5 tons of limestone delivered so we don't bounce up and down the driveway going in and out. I'm looking for a 5 mph speed limit sign now to post at the end of the drive cause everyone (us included) flies in and out, and the gravel goes everywhere:

Doesn't it look nice and pretty and white? (Until Todd has to haul manure that is - hehe)

And now it's time to think about dinner (which will be mashed potatoes and hamburger w/ gravy so Tyler can at least eat the mashed potatoes and gravy) and 4-h meeting tonight.

What a wonderful day we had.
Post a Comment