Tuesday, March 17, 2009

FINALLY....progress

With it being 55 here at home Monday afternoon, I so wanted to be outside.





But instead, I forced myself to finish up the quilting on this quilt and sew the binding on to the fronts of 2 quilts:






So last night I worked on handsewing the binding down on the baby quilt while we watched 24. And while Jessie was at her first soccer practice for the spring season.

Then I washed the baby quilt for our friends (and was up until 12:15 waiting for it to come out of the washer. But I used the basting spray on it and it is red so I didn't want to send it off stinky and with a chance it could bleed when she washes it).

Tyler was not real thrilled that I was using "his" fabric - and that I didn't put the dalmation print on the back of his quilt. I think I'm going to go back and buy the rest of the bolt of dalmation print if it's still on sale - for the second firefighter twin size quilt I am making.


But it's done and it's on it's way - 2 more to go.

Tonight night Todd has fire practice again, so I am going to work on my Bears in the Farmhouse quilt. The deadline for this next step is next Monday - so I'd better get a move on it.

Here's to a 66 degree day that we are supposed to have today!

Kris

15 comments:

Michaela said...

What a cute quilt! I like the idea of dalmatian print as well.

Susan said...

You are making progress all the way around........ Aren't finishes the best.

It is hard to work inside when the weather starts to be pleasant outside.

I am looking forward to seeing your progress on your Bear Quilt.

Cheryl said...

I love the dalmatian print!

Gizmo said...

WOW!! Great job...I love the dalmation print too.

Anonymous said...

YAY! Here's to 66!! Happy St Patricks Day, dear friend! :)

Lib said...

Hi Kris,
You are busy!
Happy St/Paddy's day!
Blessins',Lib

Janice said...

The quilt turned out really cute.
Good idea to work on the quilt during soccer practice and 24. We love watching that show too.
Have a great day!! Happy Quilting.

Philigry said...

it looks really great. you are pumping these out!

Scrappy quilter said...

Great looking quilt.

Gina said...

another great quilt

Love and hugs Gina xxx

isolada. by design said...

Love, love the dalmatian print, Kris, so cute! The quilt looks fantastic. And the next two will be done before we know it.

Enjoy, enjoy warm days, pleasant activities!

Ana :)

audreypawdrey said...

It came out so lovely! I know they will love it.

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Another great baby quilt! I don't know how you do it - do you ever sleep?

Gill - That British Woman said...

beautiful colours you have chosen......

Gill in Canada

Kristie said...

Love the little quilt! You are making progress on these quilts!
Kristie