Friday, April 24, 2009

Friday

Yes I disappeared. I've been reading everyone's blog faithfully, having some good laughs but....

For some reason, this spring seems busier than any other spring.
The start of the week was cold. And rainy. But nonetheless, Wednesday night both kids had soccer. At the same time. 15 miles apart. So I drop Jessie off, and race to Tyler's practice. Only to look ahead down the road and see storm clouds. I no sooner pull in at Tyler's practice and it starts thundering and lightning.
So back to Jessie's practice we go. To sit. Through the 2 hour practice.
This was the view as I was headed back to Jessie's practice. The bright blue sky was ahead of us....and you can see what was in my mirror behind us!
Yesterday I had to go 45 min. away to get a few bags of pig feed that are the same as what the pigs are eating in PA at this point in time. Today I'm checking with our feed store on what they have for the pigs - I'm NOT driving 1 1/2 hours just for special pig feed.
And I finished piecing this table topper, and it's basted and ready for me to practice my hand quilting on the way to and from PA on Sunday:

Tonight I have to go get a friend's pig box so we can haul 4 piggies home from PA safely. Todd is working late today and probably all day tomorrow, so the kids and I will be busy. I'll put them to work bedding the pig pen and cleaning up the barn while I mow the yard. And of course, we have soccer games tomorrow morning.

At least it may finally be warming up here - 78 today and 84 tomorrow - I cannot WAIT! I'm itching to get out in my garden - maybe I'll have to break down and plant some lettuce seeds this weekend.....

Kris

15 comments:

jacquie said...

i'm itching to get out in the garden too...supposed to be 80 here today!

Lib said...

Hi Kris,
Man, You are busy!
Love the table topper.
Enjoy playing in the dirt!
We're 80 for a few days.
I am caught up on all inside work so out to play:o)
HAve a great wk.end!
Blessins',Lib

Scrappy quilter said...

You definitely are busy. Love that tabletop. Hope you have a great weekend.

Janice said...

Holy Moly, you have a lot going on.
I can't believe their is a two hour practice. To bad they are so far apart. Luckily, for us our games and practices are at the same spot. The things we do for our children to have opportunities.
You're a good mom.

Susan said...

This weekend we are going to have good weather too. Our plans are to bring order to the garage.

I will pray for safe travels for you on the way to PA. Enjoy your hand quilting.

CrystalW said...

Wow...and I thought I was busy! I live in the southern part of NC. It is around 90 today. Hope you have a nice weekend!

audreypawdrey said...

We have been having beautiful weather this week, too! Good luck with your hand quilting on your journey.:)

isolada. by design said...

You are one rockin' and rollin' mom! Can't believe the storm you captured in your side mirror. Wicked looking. So glad the weather will be warm for you there as it already is here. Feels great, but I'm worried it's a bit too hot, too early? Yikes!

The table topper looks fantastic. And so good you've a little something to do for your drive. Be safe! Be well! Bring those piggies home!

Ana :)

Michaela said...

I had a very busy week as well. I am extremely tired. I planed radishes and peas last weekend and I am itching for more...

Feeling Simply Quilty said...

my goodness a farm and a soccer mom-can't get much busier than that!

Judy T said...

What nasty looking storm clouds. I hope you are able to get outside in the nice weather. It was 80 here today but is supposed to storm tomorrow. And just when I have SO much to do.
Good luck juggling soccer and life, and have a safe drive for piggies.
Judy

Winifred said...

Oh my what a lot of traipsing about. Never mind it keeps them fit!

Miri said...

I just love what Judy said, "Good luck juggling soccer and life..."

You are so busy and it sounds like you're having so much fun. Don't beat yourself up about housework; that's my advice! :)

Tracey @ozcountryquiltingmum said...

Great pigs! Tracey

warren said...

I have been suffering from business this spring as well...not sure why but wow! Anyhow, I love spring so much that I can't imagine it any other way!