Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Farmyard Babies


Tyler's preschool teacher (Ranita) is having a baby. And the baby shower is Thursday during class. Yes, I know, that is tomorrow....


After my encounter with the mother's in his class, I didn't feel comfortable just handing them the $30 they wanted from each student to buy her a gift. And Tyler wanted the baby to have a quilt from him.


So....last Friday, I got busy, and made this quilt:



It's smaller than my normal baby quilt (I somehow end up making all quilts huge), but.....I think I'm in love with it. I know Tyler is in love with it. You can't see it in these pictures, and it is too dark to get a really good picture, but I quilted "love Tyler" into the quilting design (which I will try and get another picture of tomorrow). Which he was thrilled with. I should have done the bias binding, but....seeing as how I quilted it after I got home from work today, went to soccer practice with BOTH kids, came home and did chores, and machine stitched the binding down, bias binding was the last thing on my mind! Right now it is in the washer. I'll stay up to put it in the dryer and then I am off to bed!



Ranita's mother saw the quilt today while I was at work (we all go to the same church denomination and she is involved with the district and is in and out of the district office where I work) - she wants me to make a bumper pad and dust ruffle to match. She thinks Ranita will love it.


I certainly am hopeful that she will.

16 comments:

Val said...

Oh what a gift of love. I know she will love it. It is beautiful.

Gari in AL said...

From the title I thought we were going to see calves and/or little pigs. The baby quilt is really nice and you sure do whip them up fast. It would take me a week to do that little quilt.

Cheryl said...

What a nice gift! She's a lucky teacher!

luckysanjana said...

God ive always thought that going to visit someone with a cake in hand is the best thing possible.............especially birthdays ..........for some reason i believe that a cake is more personal than a gift........and im still tyring to perfect the art...............lol..........after the cakes the next best gift i think is a quilt.........the first nice homemade quilt I saw was four years ago......a friend of mine who is a novice stitcher had made four and I was amazed by it.........nah not just the design and the art but the love and labor that must go in to making one of these..................i wish my mom had made some quilts...........I would hve still treasured them.............and shown them off to anyone willing to see........lol....i still show off some of the other stuff she made........unfortunately although i inherited a good bit of talent from her what i didnt inherit is her patience...........lol..........and although im so anamored by the idea of quilting the sheer size of the project scares me.............i can imagine myself putting it away the moment the pcs are cut...........lol........

as always another good quilt from you...............really admire you patience and your willingness to do it for your family knowing there must be a dozen imp things that take your time.............

Lindsey said...

Kris, really cute...that turned out great...very special gift.

Michaela said...

Beautiful one again. Perfect for a little boy.

isolada. by design said...

It is just adorable, Kris. And that you quilted in Tyler's name, well, priceless. Too sweet for words to express well...all that you do, the person that you are.

Ana :)

warren said...

I like it too! I think a room all done up like that would be pretty cool! We seem to be dust ruffle people too...to hide all the junk under the bed I guess. Anyhow, I vote aye!

Nancy M. said...

It's gorgeous! I love the design, so pretty!

Dawn said...

She WILL love it. My, Kris! You are soooo gifted with your beautiful knack of quilting and running your wonderful household!

I am in awe of all you do.

Philigry said...

beautiful! this one is so much fun!

audreypawdrey said...

It is wonderful and I know she will love it! I really like the extra touch of adding Tyler's name. Great job!

I am Arizona; a person, not a place. said...

Its adorable! She will definitely love it!

Julie said...

Oh its beautiful! I can imagine how cute the other items will be. Congrats on having finished it so quickly.

Granny Lyn said...

How adorable! boy did this one go fast or what? you must have been on cruise control!!

I'm soooo positive she will LOVE it!!

Aunt Spicy said...

Gosh is that adorable! Of course she will love it!