Sunday, July 6, 2008

3rd finish for 5 by the end of July

I worked like a maniac yesterday afternoon - as we had a big picnic to go to last night. Lots of friends, lots of food, swiming and kayaking/canoeing in the pond (you get the idea).



And I got this quilt done, binding machine sewn on, 15 minutes before we were ready to leave.






And I am in love with it. Our friends were in love with it. Complete strangers were in love with it (although one lady did ask me how I could stand to have it laying on the grass with kids eating on it and rolling around on it - HELLO!?!?!?!? THAT IS THE BEAUTY OF A "PICNIC QUILT.")


It's been a busy weekend - but we have gotten lots accomplished. Jessie is camping with her girl scout troop - she'll be home shortly - I cannot wait to hear the stories she has to tell.

Kris

8 comments:

Kristie said...

Sounds like such a wonderful time! The quilt turned out very beautiful! A great idea for a picnic quilt.
Kristie

Lib said...

Sounds like a wonderful gathering!
THe quilt turned out beautiful!Don't you just Love picnic's? Ahhhhhhhhh......The JOYS of the Simple Side of Life:o)
Hope you have a great wk.
Blessins',Lib

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

LOVE your picnic quilt - so glad you got it finished in time to use it! You are lucky to live close to a lake - canoeing sounds like lots of fun.

Philigry said...

omg!! I love this! maybe if i could figure out how to sew the binding on with the machine, it would give me more courage! How do you do it? is it easy?

farm mom said...

Looks like a lovely time and alovely quilt!! :) Beautiful!

Granny Lyn said...

oh,,and I love it, too!

what a great picnic!!! I"ll bet even the ants had a blast!

AJ said...

Beautiful! I love it too!

Marc ~ Daisy Jayne said...

LOVE your picnic quilt - got it finished in time - canoeing sounds like lots of fun.