I got productive last night.....well......sort of:)
While Jessie worked on cleaning her room I started on a pillow for her bed:
I'm thinking for the centers of the flowers, I need to find some big funky buttons......
Inspired to create these after seeing this one and these. I think they will look good in Jessie's room, being the pink girly girl room that it is. I'm now wondering how hard would it be to make her new curtains and a new dust ruffle along the same lines.....I think that will be a next winter's project though. Although....maybe I could find a plain white valance and dustruffle and just add the applique?
I was so happy with how the flower power pillow is turning out, I decided to do a wonky log cabin block. Also, I joined Jacquie's Project Improv. And thought I had better practice improvisational piecing. So this log cabin block which will turn pillow was born. Not very wonky, but I'm happy with it:
Todd's dad showed up and hauled away most of this wood (which is good as I don't have to stack the icky stuff - it has bugs in it. And we don't have to push it into the burn pile to get rid of it):
We are getting seriously low on wood - to the point I tend to freak out. Until I remember that Todd has about 30 logs cut to bring home to be split into firewood. Which he says he is doing this weekend - as farmers will be planting before too long, and he won't be able to drive across the fields to get the logs once they all start working ground. Never mind that he should be getting busy at work here within the next month.....