Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Calvados

Just so you all don't think it's turning into all animals around here, I did manage to finish my Calvados test knit for Thea Coleman of Baby Cocktails. And actually, I had it done for quite a few days before I managed to find buttons that I liked for it!



This was a very interesting knit! The cables on each front panel kept it interesting, and the pattern was very detailed.

This cool "belt" is on the back right smack dab in the center of my waist:

I love how soft this yarn is. These pictures make it hard, but it's a variegated green, grey and tan.

I did run into one minor snafu on it - when I knit my right front piece, you are supposed to have 3 long cables and 1 short cable at the top with button holes. When I did that - the fronts were about 2 inches longer than the back. So I omitted the short button hole at the very top and just put 2 snaps up there to keep everything closed up. ****Thea is correcting this in the pattern***



I did end up tacking it closed by the buttons - it was pulling a little bit. Not sure if my button choice is too small but I wore it to work yesterday and it was a very, very comfortable sweater. It probably won't be worn again until next fall, as it is very warm, unless we have some more rainy, 50 degree days:)




I love the collar and the sleeves. It's long - but I love long sweaters.



Details:
Pattern - Calvados by Thea Colman of Baby Cocktails
Yarn - Cascade Lana Bambu, 5 hanks
Size - Medium
Needles - size 8 for the body, 8 and 9 for the collar
Since I can never work on just 1 project at a time, I started the Rusted Root sweater the end of March. So far so good. Although I had to modify it some as when I got to the point of separating the sleeves, there is no WAY they would fit my arms.
Hopefully this will be done shortly -as I need some summer sweaters to wear to work. Although if the weather keeps going the way it has been, it will be a cooler than normal summer around her:)

Now it's back to washing a steer and walking some pigs round here....
Kris

10 comments:

Lib said...

Love It! You do Beautiful work!
Happy walking:o)
Blessins',Lib

Susan said...

You really are a fast knitter. Isn't it grand to have hand knit sweaters?

The blue is going to be another winner.

Michelle said...

Another gorgeous sweater! Seriously, where do you find the time? Do you knit in your sleep? ;)

SewAmy said...

oh, I love that sweater. gorgeous.

Dena said...

I'm not a knitter, but I do love knitted sweaters. Love your color of blue.

country mouse said...

Very pretty! I still haven't gotten up the nerve to try a sweater just yet, but I do have patterns picked out :cD Can't wait to see the blue one all finished, love the color you chose.

Dawn said...

Okay. So now I reeeeeally am super-duper jealous of your knitting skills. THIS is way beyond GoRgEoUs!!!

I am not jealous.

I am not jealous.

I am not jealous.

ha. *grin*

marit said...

It looks great! I like that blue start too- a lovely colour!

Good luck with the washing and walking...;-)

Aunt Spicy said...

So impressed! It looks amazing!

audreypawdrey said...

I can't believe how quickly you knit! It is so pretty.