Monday, August 18, 2008

Grey Hairs

I think after yesterday morning, I acquired a few gray hairs.

My SIL is going through a rough time right now - divorce, figuring everything out, and 2 young children (4 and almost 2). Yesterday, as I'm frantically slicing cucumbers before church, my cell rings - it's Jenna. Well, not exactly, it was my 2 year old niece!

All she would say is hi and no!. I'd ask her can I talk to your mommy? NO!

Then she hung up on me (little bugger)!

So I call back to their house phone. Same routine. This went on for about 15 minutes, and I start to worry - I call Jenna's cell phone - no answer. Call the house - I get either the answering machine or Avery.

Just as I'm ready to drive the 15 minutes to get down there, Jenna finally answered the phone - she was in the shower and in the basement doing laundry. She wondered why Avery wasn't bugging her, and we figured out it's because she was bugging me.

I told Jenna - if she didn't give me gray hairs over this - she will definitely be giving you gray hairs in a couple years!!
Kris

4 comments:

Lib said...

Yes, Little ones does that to us!
Hope you have a Great wk.
Blessins',Lib

I am Arizona; a person, not a place. said...

My son used to do that to me. He'd call my mom. She'd get worried if I didn't come to the phone and start calling every number even remotely connected to me. lol!

Anonymous said...

I've had my little one call me before. I think she just managed to hit the redial button.

jacquie said...

that is so funny...if you weren't so worried at the same time that is...