Thursday, August 14, 2008

Soccer and Calves


Those 2 subjects really don't go together, do they? But that is what we are up to lately.


Soccer started last night. I got the calls from both coaches that practice was Wednesday night at 6:00 for both of them - at opposite ends of the county. The lady who assigned teams really wasn't paying attention, as Tyler's coach has 2 teams - and Jessie could have been on his older team. But no...she must think I'm superwoman.
So Todd took Tyler to practice and I took Jessie. Jessie will have practice 2 nights a week for 1 1/2 to 2 hours each night. I was a little worried - she moves up into the next age group and they actually play soccer - not just running around kicking the ball. She still hasn't been running very good at therapy, gets tired easily...
But what was I worried for? She ran, she kicked 100 kicks probably with her previously broken leg, came out super sweaty and so excited. Her coach was phenomonal with them - you could just tell he loves soccer and explained it in 8, 9 and 10 year old language.
Then we had to rush home as the girls were coming to walk their calves. They are doing so well. Friday night we are walking them again, with show halters on and Todd will start showing the girls how to use their show sticks and set them up.
And I asked Tyler how he liked soccer when I finally got home (Jessie's practice lasted almost 2 hours). I had fun fighting for that ball - we had a BIG FIGHT. Well then.
Seems Tyler is a lot more mature than last year at this time playing, and will probably get reprimanded by the referree for being to rough...
But I'll take him that way. For the kid who last fall would cry every practice that he didn't want to play - he's having a good old time this year...
And I'm canceling therapy after today - they want her to go until the end of September, but playing this much soccer will be much, much better for her.
Kris

5 comments:

Kristie said...

Sounds like she may not need therpy after playing soccer! That should be good for her, as long as she doesn't ovedo it! Glad your son is also enjoying it!!
Kristie

Philigry said...

oh, fall is coming...soccer, and school!
I am so glad her leg is feeling okay!

Dawn said...

Love your photos of your kids---certainly looks as if they are loving summer, soccer and their animals.

Anonymous said...

Walking calves? Sounds like it might be difficult, but I don't have any experience with that sort of thing. Living out on a farm has really shown me how much of a city girl I really am.

Lib said...

Hi Kris,
Trying to catch up on my visits.
You know how canning season is.
Looks like alot of fun is ahead of ya'll. :o)
Have a great wk.end!
Blessins',Lib