Friday, August 22, 2008

New Window

I got this book the other day at the new junk store I found:






And then I saw this post on a primitive blog.


And so I turned my kitchen window from this:





to this:





Yes, crappy window, but we want to gut and redo our kitchen one of these years, and put a new window in - so for now, I'll live with it (and do you know how hard it is to take a picture of a window???). I think I like it. The best thing was, I didn't have to buy anything to put in this window - it was all stuff I had laying around the house.

Last night I picked yet another bushel of roma tomatos - although I have a friend who said she needs some romas as hers all bit the dust. Hopefully, she still wants them, as I really don't want to do anything with them right now. We have soccer pictures this morning, so I'll see her at some point then and with any luck, she'll take them.


Life is good.

Kris

3 comments:

em's scrapbag said...

Good job. I hope you can do your new kitchen soon. I saved 5 years for mine. Boy do I love it!!! Thanks for stopping by my blog. It means a lot.

chook said...

Hi Kris
I think you window looks fab
and even better when you did it with all found around the house things
good on you hugs Beth

Granny Lyn said...

Good jobwith the window!!! I love it!!

Good luck with the new kitchen,,,they cost the most And are the hardest to redo,,,I've done two and have come to the conclusion that they will go out of style in about ten years, so weigh the pros and cons carefully and don't put money into the "fad products"...and pray for patience and wisdom first! tee hee