Monday, September 22, 2008

Decorating the Chicken Coop

When the Hurricane Ike winds came to visit us, it knocked the star off my chicken coop:(

When we went to the hatchery today to buy chicken feed and another waterer, they had some cute signs there that Tyler talked me into. I told him he had to help hang them (I did the high one, he did the low one):

And now our chicken coop is looking pretty fancy:


And clean inside thanks to Tyler's and my efforts over the weekend:

Then Tyler wanted to catch a chicken:


And I was informed that they aren't "chickies" or even "chicks" anymore - they are "CHICKENS!" Guess he told me, eh?


Kris

4 comments:

SewAmy said...

that is one cute chicken coop. and one cute kid.

gift idea for kids.... I made a colored pencil roll for the kids last year. You could do a crayon one too for the littler kids.

Lib said...

Hi Kris,
Thats one cute coop!
Great Job!
Blessins',Lib

Anonymous said...

How cute! I think it's neat that you have such a stylish coop for your chickens.
And I'm glad your daughter is feeling better.

Anonymous said...

OMG!! Miss a week and you miss alot over at Quilted Simple!!! I'm so sorry to hear about Jessie's arm. I'm glad she is handling it well. And I thought I was accident prone! Sheesh! Here's hoping she's done for life in the broken bone department!

And look at those chickens! You did it, my friend! You have chickens!!! And eggs shouldn't be too far behind. ;) I love that pic of your little chicken man by the way. They just don't fit in his pockets anymore, do they? :)