Monday, February 25, 2008

Necessary work

Rather than sewing on my quilting, I sewed on Todd's carharts. The bull got to feeling frisky tonight, and managed to break open the bale of straw Todd was putting in his pen, and got the twine wrapped round his neck. Then he was playing and chased Todd over the feeder - and the carharts ripped. So my sewing machine was put to good use tonight:





Tomorrow night Todd has fire practice, so the kids will be in bed tomorrow night by 8 and I will have about 2-3 hours of uninterrupted time. I love it that our kids are so well trained about bedtime.



4-6 inches of snow tonight and tomorrow, and 2-3 tomorrow night.



I did make yogurt tonight from Angie's post earlier today - can I say how yummy it is (I had to try it before putting it in the fridge)??? Our kids are yogurt fanatics (they will eat this quart in a matter of hours), but it gets so danged expensive. At least this way, I know what is going into it. I could buy enough yogurt for 2 quarts a day for our family, and it wouldn't be near enough.

It's 6:30 Tuesday morning, I just pulled the yogurt out of the fridge for my kids' breakfast - they say it is better than store brought stuff. It is good. I guess I'll be making more tonight.



Stay warm,

Kris

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad it worked well for you. Wow! You're kids REALLY like yogurt, huh? You may be sorry I told you how to do it if you have to keep it up at that pace!! LOL!

jacquie said...

Kid's bedtime is a blessing. Mine were both great sleepers and bedtime was my favorite part of the day. I have one teen left at home and I'm not sure I recognize him since puberty hit. He's just really waking up by 8 p.m. and at his best around midnight. There is something to be said about teen biorhythms...YIKES! (He says he doesn't sleep in school..but sometimes I wonder!) Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I sure do enjoy reading about your life on the farm...I do miss the country.

Granny Lyn said...

oh, man does that sound good, is it flavored or plain?? I have some scrumdilli-umpcious strawberries we picked last summer in the freezer for just such a recipe, will have to check that blog out, thanks for the tip.
lyn