Wednesday, March 26, 2008

50+ & SUNNY!!!

This is more like it - the weather I am loving. It was sunny yesterday, no breeze in sight, and I had all the windows open to air out the house from the mustiness.

I walked outside, the driveway is drying out, the grass is starting to dry out, the birds are singing. The kids played outside from the moment we got home (I had to drag them in to eat).

Then I worked on this:





And I am extremely happy with it so far. It's a lot smaller (8 inches x 10 inches or so) but it fits me. And the yellow and blue is growing on me.

Today, if it doesn't rain I am going to work outside - but it's looking pretty cloudy. I have an unexpected day off - my babysitter and her son are both home with the flu, and we certainly don't want Tyler getting sick with his surgery on Monday - so I am going to enjoy my day off!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ohhh...I'm jealous!! Of both the weather and the bag!! LOL! :) (30's and snowy here! UGH!)

5 Chicks and a Farmer said...

Wow! I'm so glad you have a day off, beautiful weather, and a cute purse! Love the purse. You did an amazing job and inspire me!

Lyns

Granny Lyn said...

oh, oh, I love the bag, and the blue and yellow are so fresh looking,

And the weather, we were cloudy and 34 today, crappy-ola, but our sun is coming back soon, I just know it.

Tell Jesse we are all thinking about him, DH has surgery Monday, too.

lyn

Granny Lyn said...

I meant Tyler, geez, I worked to long today, I think

:-)
lyn

The DO said...

Thanks for your comment, I appreciate the sentiment and understand not being able to do two challenges:)
But I love this bag! Ironically, I just love yellow and blue. That's what I did my room in:)

Finn said...

Hi Kris, gotta enjoy that warmer weather...never know when it will change on us *VBS*
I really love the yellow and blue bag. I had never been a fan of using them together and then the Provance fabrics began hitting the market. I realize they sure do look clean and springy together. Kind of like sunshine and blue skis. I love what you did with that 'found' fabric.
I'll keep Tyler in my prayers on Monday, I'm sure the surgery will go well. Big hugs, Finn in a slightly cooler WI, still have some snowbanks!