Sunday, March 16, 2008

Quick sewing project

There are sewing nights. . . .

that I really need to listen to that inner voice. I made these in under an hour - but. . . I should have listened to myself. I looked at the pattern (Butterick 5153 - I was to impatient to wait for the book that everyone else is making their's from). According to the sizing chart, I should have made one size, but I made them a size larger (figuring they would be roomier). The smaller size would have been much better. But I took them in some (which is what took part of the time to make them - could've made them in 30 minutes tops)

But I love them already....
Todd thinks they are pretty funny (why in the heck would you want to wear a flowered sheet from someone else to bed????)

Next is the kids' summer pjs (and I will listen to my inner voice)

7 comments:

jacquie said...

The answer is....because they are so darn cute!

Anonymous said...

Very cute! Listen to that inner voice girl!! ;)And their all the better in my mind because they are recycled!

Granny Lyn said...

I absolutely LOVE them!! Always listen when the inner voice talks! she is smarter than we are :-)
At one time, I had 6 (yes, 6!) teenage boys, and they all wanted boxers, I got so I could whip out a pair of boxers in 15 minutes. I would spend a whole day making them, and finally would have enough for all 6 to wear for a week. Of course, all but 1 were in sports, so they would wear two pair each day! Mom would get the sewing machine out and make more. Now, they see the same fabric in other things, and say "Look, remember those boxers? We put them on so-and-so's head when we went on that trip to Washington, and who-ever threw them out the window"
so,,,,your PJ"s will end up to be the favorites, by a long shot, comfy and cool!
thanks for sharing,
lyn

Sara said...

Ok, I'm sorry but I have to agree with Todd. Why would you want to wear something that someone else had their body next too? EWWW!!!
I just can't do that!

Philigry said...

love them. they look so cozy!

sugarcreekfarm said...

How cute! They look so comfy.

I am Arizona; a person, not a place. said...

That's too funny. My husband says the same things to me about vintage or repurposed fabrics!