Monday, June 23, 2008

and then there were 15


We picked up the 2nd batch of chicks - 7 cute little Rhode Island Reds (for the longest time I was calling them Long Island Reds - must've been thinking of something else?).


What a difference in size a week makes - Yikes!!


The hatchery says it will be fine to dump them all together right off the bat - we shall see - I have my doubts. But just in case I have to rescue them, I have a rubbermaid tote and another heat lamp at the ready.


The ones we got last week are starting to get feathers already - and seeing them next to the new batch - silly me for thinking they weren't eating much!!


On other news, I did gets lots done this weekend - I'll post tomorrow with what all I have gotten done - both crafting wise and farming wise.

See ya,

Kris

8 comments:

Kristie said...

So cute!! My son has a hen sitting on some eggs that should hatch any day!!
Kristie

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

They certainly look different once the feathers start to grow! At this rate it won't be long until you start gettng lots of lovely eggs.

I am Arizona; a person, not a place. said...

They're so cute!!!

Anonymous said...

Those are so cute! It must be wonderful to be able to watch them grow up.

Lib said...

Awwwwww.........How sweet!
Have aBlessed day!
Blessins',Lib

Dawn said...

They are so, so adorable! Can we please come and see them--ha....my kids would want to take them ALL home with us.

I have a 'compost' question for you but I'll email you that instead.

Philigry said...

oh, those chickens are getting so big! can't wait for th eeggs to come, I bet!

Philigry said...

oh, those chickens are getting so big! can't wait for th eeggs to come, I bet!