Thursday, May 8, 2008

Rainy Days

It's been raining. Not enough to make everything a muddy mess, just enough to make it miserable late yesterday afternoon, evening and today. And cold (51 degrees right now). I've cleaned my house so much - I can't clean it anymore without wondering if I am obsessive compulsive (seriously, the kids' playroom got vacumed 3 times yesterday alone - my floor has been damp moped every. single. day) and am in need of meds.




So I've been playing. Last winter I ordered some jelly rolls of fabric from The Fat Quarter Shop. Not sure what I was going to do with them, but I liked the fabric lines.


Then, I ran across AJ Quilts blog - and she designs the most awesome blocks - she designed me the most fantastic pieced rooster block - really fantastic. The waviness you see down by his foot is totally my doing - I have issues about not paying attention to piecing directions, and stretching fabrics as I sew (and triangles stretch very, very, very, very easily).






So I'm making these strips of fabric (from the aforesaid jelly roll) into these blocks. I still have the blue and gold/tan one to do.







Then I'm going to combine roosters and these blocks and make myself another quilt. Like I need another project to start. But I needed something fresh to work on. I have a twin sized quilt, a lap quilt and 2 table runners ready to go to my mom to have the binding handsewn on. I'm working on my Pay It Forward gifts for my blogging friends, and should have them out by next weekend, but I wanted something different to work on - and nothing is really inspiring me right now.



But that could be because I'm anxious to get my garden going, see my flowers bloom and start riding horses again (had to wait for it to dry out the first time around, now have to wait for these annoying hit and miss rain showers to end). Time to end with the winter projects and move on to SUMMER. I'm going next weekend to get blueberry bushes. All of my strawberries survived the transplant move, and I am pretty sure the blackberries did too. They (the blackberries) were wilted for a couple days, but most of the leaves have perked back up. It probably helps that it's been cool and damp on and off here.



See ya,

Kris

7 comments:

jacquie said...

I see a little Amandajean in you. Lots of projects. I don't know how you do it all. With the kids and the farm and the house and the garden and you have time to sew too! Amazing.

Tristin said...

Ooh, you're working on the pay it forward gifts... I am excited!

Also, WOW-three job offers--you're HOT stuff! What a blessing.

I loved the roosters, by the way.

I am Arizona; a person, not a place. said...

I love the rooster!!

Anonymous said...

Glad you're finding ways of keeping yourself busy. Been cold and rainy here too. Yesterday afternoon we could see our breathes outside!!!

Philigry said...

oh, i hope it gets warmer where you are soon! you are on a roll with the quilts!

Granny Lyn said...

I love the rooster! He looks like a Fred to me,,,,

all those projects!! I have faith in you, I know you can get them all done, I've seen you at work!!

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see your finished quilt!