Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Where did the day go????

Finally - the first sunny, fairly warm day here in a number of days. So it was spent outdoors - no inside work for me.




My rhubarb are mulched with cow poo; my strawberries and blackberries are weeded. I think iit is safe to say all survived the move - there is new growth already on the blackberries and the strawberries most all have flowers.



My flowerbeds are weeded (funny how after a number of days of rain, the weeds just magically appear); the grass is all mowed (I had gotten 1/2 done before the rains last weekend).



And I took pictures of the calves - hopefully these will pass Todd's approval to send into the extension office.







And our most recent calf - this cute little heifer (I couldn't get a picture of the other heifer - too flighty):



Enjoy - I guess tomorrow it's back to more rain.....

Kris

3 comments:

SewAmy said...

your cafes are so cute. sounds like you got alot done outside. Hope the rain stays away for a few more days.

Granny Lyn said...

YOu're a workin' girl!

I just love the baby,,,she is a cutie!

Anonymous said...

Your calves are so cute! I remember when my Great Grandma's farm had cows on it. Now all the young people have moved away and the older ones are too tired to take care of animals so all 40 acres just sit there not doing much. I might be moving up there for a little while, but probably not long enough to justify buying any livestock. Besides, I don't even have a clue what to do with them.