Monday, January 19, 2009

9 degrees

Right now, that feels like a heat wave. Yesterday I think it got up into the 20's. High today of 14 degrees.



We had to have a friend come and plow out our driveway yesterday morning. It's about a 1/4 mile long - and had 4 to 5 foot drifts across it yesterday morning. Cold, snow and wind are not good combinations. Wish it had been that way this morning, then I wouldn't have had to drive to work:)


The chickens are wusses and will not go outside in the cold and the snow. The cat is a wus and goes out and turns around and comes right back in.

This is Midnight headed for the open back door of the house. He's turning into a real diva - does not like the snow on his paws or even on his person......Tyler might have had something to do with that trying to take him sledding with him last week......wish I had a video of that one!

I just keep saying spring is coming, spring is coming......and I am so glad I do not live out further west.......because to me, anything below 60 ish is cold!

10 comments:

Julie said...

like i keep telling ya kris...let's swap!
julie :)

Val said...

That is so cold. We went to Gatlinburg Tn. for a visit and it got down to 7. We didn't have as much snow as that though. That has to make it seem colder. Stay warm.

I am Arizona; a person, not a place. said...

I'm a wuss, too, because I'd turn around and come back in,too! lol!

audreypawdrey said...

I do love the idea of the sledding cat! It reminds me of Toonces(?) the driving cat from SNL several years ago.;)

I would be staying inside, too! It is wonderful that you have a neighbor that is willing to help out by plowing your driveway.

Stay warm!

isolada. by design said...

I do know what 9 degrees is as that was our temps Saturday morning and now they're saying we may have snow tomorrow morning? I say, "yippee," but that's because I won't have to drive anywhere and it comes so rarely that it can still be fun.

Sledding with the cat sounds like a total blast. Too bad Midnight didn't enjoy it quite so much! He's obviously not heard of the bulldogs that skateboard?!

Stay warm & safe driving to you and yours these winter days. Spring IS coming.

Ana :)

Renee said...

ditto on anything below 60 being cold. lol. i'm just like you, can't wait for spring. lol. have a good day.

warren said...

Amen to the 60ish stuff...I look so good in a swimsuit...I just hate to cover it all up in this cold! Uh...well, I like the warm anyhow...

Scrappy quilter said...

It's warming up here too so many you're getting some of the warm weather from way up in Canada. Now if it would just stay.

Janice said...

We are foggy and cold here in eastern Utah. I live about 50 miles South of Colorado. I can understand what you are going through. This too shall pass.

Small House said...

I love your blog!! My sister told me to come visit you, and I'm hooked!! Always cold here too. I'm with ya sister! Keep busy, it will come to an end. I'll be back for sure. THANK YOU!!