Friday, January 16, 2009

Friday nights



Todd is off fighting a barn fire - they don't know when it will be done and over - they are letting it burn itself out rather than try and save it. It's way too cold at -5 degrees farenheit to be out there, but they are out there hauling water, directing traffic and making sure the farmer's house does not catch with the wind. The kids and I called Todd about an hour ago to check that we could take all the firefighters water to drink, but the road is closed (it iced over with all the water they are hauling back and forth).


So I am finishing this:




It will be my first WISP challenge finish for the month of January. Which was supposed to be a Christmas present. It will only be 28 days late if I get it done this weekend. Which is my goal.


The weigh in was canceled for tomorrow - rescheduled for next weekend. So this week we will have to do another round of vaccinations. But I have a plan. I'm hitting up our beef advisor, who also grooms our calves for us and will be helping Jessie learn to lead and show her calf. He can come over and stand out in the cold to give them vacines. And all I will have to do is cook him dinner. Which will be no big deal as I have to cook for Todd, the kids and I anyways. And I always cook way to much as it is.


Later,
Kris

10 comments:

Scrappy quilter said...

Have fun finishing the quilt. Hope you can get it done on the weekend.

I am Arizona; a person, not a place. said...

I love the quilt! At least, what I can see of it. Sneak peeks are always so tantalizing! lol!

Judy T said...

I hope it warms up for you soon, We are finally above zero so it's on it's way to you. I hope all goes well at the fire. It's too bad that weather can make things worse. Our city has issued a request for residents to dig out the fire hydrants that have been buried by the snow (and snow plows!). I wish you luck to get your quilt done this weekend. I have so many projects to finish I don't know where to start.
Judy

Gina said...

That's a great plan about getting someone else to do the dirty work while you stay in the warm.
I hope the fire keeps under control and they can get it out Ok

Love and hugs Gina xxx

Farmhouse Blessings said...

Oh I just love the fabrics in your quilt. So soft & pretty.

Hope your dear one is home and warm now!

Blessings,
Lea

trendy georgia said...

Hard to imagine the cold right now we are again in the high thirties(centigrade) but your photos do good justice. As Ive been away Im just catching up and Im wondering how do pick up such a quilt for a couple of bucks?!! No matter how high and low I trail I can never find such treasures in the second hand shops here!
happy quilting
Cherry

Susan said...

When I look at our thermometer and see 11 degrees I remember that it is colder for you and don't whine nearly as much.

Sad to hear of the barn loss. That is hard for someone.

Janice said...

I love what you are making. I'm guessing it is a quilt. I love the colors. Good luck with cooking dinner for that guy. I hope he does what you need him to do.

Val said...

And I thought it was cold here in Gatlinburg (we are here for the weekend). I love the quilt.

Patty Sumner said...

oohhhhh,the simple life. I love it! So much of what you are doing is wonderful and that you are teaching others is great! Will keep up with you. What's up with the chickens. Do you raise them? If so, very interested in that also.